1. Visiting… Filmore and Union in Skipton. After a half term visit there with Ric (who was relieved to see they had a full English on the menu, albeit a ‘skinny’ one) it’s now top of the list to visit with my actual OH, Ali. They had an amazing breakfast and lunch menu, plus an abundance of vegan and gluten free cakes and a juices and smoothie list to tempt any taste buds.
2. Making… courgette, asparagus and hazelnut salad (I’ve dubbed it the salad of the season) from the free Tesco magazine. It’s packed full of greens and has a zingy orange dressing – I topped mine with grilled halloumi last time and it was so good! I’m planning on having it for tea tonight (although it’s not the summery salad weather I was imagining) so keep an eye out on Insta!
3. Digging… at our respective allotments. Ric’s had his for about a year now and now Jak’s got one after being on the waiting list for a while. Not only does this get them out of the house for a large proportion of the time (Ric’s built a huge shed on his that I’m hoping one day he’ll actually move into) but they come home armed with fresh, home grown veg – just need some asparagus and courgette to start growing now for the salad of the season.
4. Wearing… Adidas Supercolor Superstars. I got Ali hers as a congrats on her new job and have been jealous ever since, although given that there are 50 colours to choose from it might be a while before I can decide which to get myself. Any votes below will be gratefully received.
5. Chopping… my locks off. After having been inspired by Sienna Miller and Caroline Flack’s new dos I decided to go blonder and shorter for summer. Making good use of my Bumble and Bumble finishing spray to style it now I can’t get away with putting it up. Anyone got any other recommendations for short hair styling products?
6. Watching… The Affair on Sky Atlantic. We’ve been hooked since episode one on this retrospective two-sided story of an affair turned murder investigation. Anything starring Ruth Wilson and Dominic West (wonder if they talk about their mutual friend Idris on set?) is fine by us, and the addition of Joshua Jackson makes it even better. Who doesn’t love a bit of Pacey?
7. Exercising… with Jillian Michaels. I started six week six pack three weeks ago. Annoyingly I’m not in a possession of a three pack at the halfway point but with three weeks to go I’m feeling hopeful. If you’re worried you’ve left it too late to tone up before your holiday then check out Jillian’s back catalogue of workout DVDs, she’s the queen of shedding weight fast – but it’s not an easy ride!
8. Sponsoring… our friend Jo as she completes her first ever Race for Life in Nottingham this Sunday, June 7th. Starting as a novice runner and busy working mum just a couple of months ago, she’s completed a Couch to 5K, shed two stones and raised £190 for Cancer Research so far, regularly smashing her PBs. If you want to help her raise even more before the big day click here. We’ll be eagerly anticipating her post-run snap chat on Sunday afternoon! Good luck Jo and anyone else taking part!