1. Travelling… to Sri Lanka. Chaz has been given an amazing opportunity through work to visit this country for 10 days – she’s there as we speak so stay updated on Instagram and see what she says about the experience with a post on it v soon.
2. Wearing… & Other Stories. We may be late to the game but after spotting this online store cropping up on all our favourite fashion blogs for the past year we decided to investigate. Simple Scandi cool, their understated and ethically sourced dresses and separates are available at prices that won’t clean you out for the month (the pom pom dress pictured is my most recent purchase).
3. Blitzing… the plentiful kale and spinach growing at the allotment into green smoothies with frozen bananas for a summer cooldown.
4. Reading… In A Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware. Out at the end of the month, this crime debut is pipped as the big summer read and tells the chilling tale of a hen do gone awry. As we’re the age to be attending hen dos a-plenty (though none so far resulting in murder) this should be an interesting take on our favourite genre. If you’re going away next month, get it pre-ordered sharpish.
5. Soaking… up some rays as we plan to jet off on holiday for a week in the sun with Sandy B at the end of this month (image from professionalphotoss.blogspot.sk)
6. Missing… Grace and Frankie. We binge watched series one of this Netflix hit last month so had to include it in case you’ve missed it so you can catch up and discuss with us – good news is season two has been commissioned so hopefully not too long to wait for the return of our favourite girls. If you haven’t heard of it, Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin play poles apart 70-somethings whose law partner husbands leave them for each other so they’re forced to live together and deal with the upheaval.
7. Reuniting… with our girl Down Under Claire who is home for a visit and coming to stay for a few days this week. We had an eventful evening with Gregg Wallace on our annual reunion two years ago… this one is set to be slightly more low key.
8. Sampling… the smoothies, vegan cakes and plentiful veggie and vegan options on offer at our new favourite hidden gem, Potters Barn in Ribchester.
9. Watching… good old Wimbledon as it returns for 2015. Strawberries and cream at the ready!