- Tuning… In to Strictly Come Dancing which returns to our screens this weekend. We LOVE Strictly, we even go to the live show every year like massive geeks following the conga of 30-something women and their mums into various UK arenas come January – so this year’s dubious “celeb” line-up won’t put us off our fix
- Pigging… out on 23 inch pizzas in honour of Chaz’s birthday this Saturday night. Nino’s Dial-A-Pizza in Rawtenstall creates these giant wheels of fat fortune and we rarely indulge but what better occasion?!
- Minibreaking… up in the Lakes visiting our Dad at the end of the month for his village’s annual Eskdale Country Show. Trevor and Simon made a celebrity guest appearance once – we can’t wait to see what the show has in store for us this year
- Box setting… our way through the darker nights. Chaz has just started Dexter after tiring of my incessant plugging while I’m loving True Detective
- Batching… on Sunday afternoons now all our favourite autumn winter meals are acceptable to eat again. We are both revisiting Naturally Sassy’s spinach and sweet potato korma, an old fave and it’s slow cooker friendly so chuck it in and get back to the box set
- Stocking… up on all the healthy essentials (is it just us or have everyone’s supplies dwindled?). September is a good time to start afresh
- Sampling… the Garden Kitchen’s famous afternoon tea. A firm fave, we are taking our mum’s BFF Judith along for her maiden voyage as a treat for her birthday last month
- Wearing… our favourite jumpers, jeans and boots galore – we are those weird people who love it when it gets colder because we much prefer autumn clothes. No more transitional wardrobe malfunctions – just layer up!
- Reading… A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman. Taking some downtime from our thriller obsession, I spotted this on a Buzzfeed list of tearjerkers and since it doesn’t take much to make me cry at the minute (the Happy Days theme tune did the trick last week – cheers hormones) I thought why not go all out?