1. Discovering… new haunts. This weekend we had an amazing deli salad feast, vegan tiffin, orange and cardamom cake with matcha green vanilla lattes and golden turmeric and coconut milk with our mum at The Bear in Todmorden.
2. Reading… A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara. I’ve just finished this and absolutely loved it, easily one of my favourite books of the year.
3. Binge-watching… Narcos. Netflix takes us through the rise and fall of Pablo Escobar, the don of the Colombian drug world during the 70s and 80s. Crazy stuff.
4. Cooking… lots of leek and potato soup to use up the millions of potatoes from the allotment – my freezer is getting seriously stocked up for the winter.
6. Revisiting… Catastrophe (pic: www.theguardian.com). We’ve re-watched the entire first series to celebrate the return of Sharon and Rob and pick up some much-needed tips from our parenting role models.
7. Listening… To this Spotify playlist I found on Goop – great for Sunday batch cooking sessions.
8. Delving… into Anna Jones’ new cookbook after Chaz bought me it last month for my birthday. So far I’ve only had chance to make one recipe out of it – the sweet potato chilli – but it was so good I’m excited to get stuck into more.
9. Waking… up to this spiced apple porridge recipe on Women’s Health website (pic: http://www.womenshealthmag.co.uk). Chaz tried this last month and I’ve just got round to copying today. Perfect way to start a wintery Monday with a smile.