- Tasting… some Chinese delights at Roots’ restaurant oriental night (there’s kale on the menu so it sounds like we’re on to a winner) then later in the month at Ling Ling’s supper club at Jade Garden. From the recipe testing pics on Insta we’re in for a treat here with some yummy veggie and vegan options too. Blog posts to follow!
- Watching… the hilarious ‘Chelsea Does…’ on Netflix (we really make the most out of our subscription). It sees her tackle controversial subjects such as marriage, drugs and racism with her usual quick wit.
- Staying… at Hotel Indigo in Liverpool for a night away over half term spending the Jamie’s Italian voucher Ali got Ric for his birthday (I’ve got my eye on his new chickpea and feta veggie burger). Healthy lunch recommendations needed!
- Reading… Second Life by S.J Watson for book club. After the success of Before I Go To Sleep (if you haven’t read or watched this yet, do it!) I’m hoping this lives up to expectations.
- Drinking… coconut milk lattes. We toasted Ali’s return to caffeine with these during our Kings and Greens planning meeting and will be having a lot more during February fikas.
- Experimenting… with these lean lentil burgers from the Body Coach. He seems to be all over Facebook at the moment so we thought we’d see what all the fuss is about and anyone who gives us a new veggie burger recipe to try is fine by us.
- Kitting… ourselves out in some new running gear to beat the winter exercise blues. My trainers have been on the road for a while now and having knocked out a few long runs over the last few weeks I think it’s time to retire the current Nikes.
- Wearing… this ‘Mother’ jumper from Selfish Mother, which has not only added to our slogan collection but supports a good cause too as all profits go to Women for Women International, a charity which helps to rebuild women’s lives in war-torn areas.
- Trying… some buggy bootcamp classes courtesy of Active Mums Hyndburn. Now it’s 6 weeks since Quincy was born Ali’s decided to go along to the classes so will be reporting back on post-baby exercise soon.
All pictures taken by us or from Pinterest