- Laughing… at Rob Delaney when Ric and I see him in stand up next week. There’s a huge Catastrophe shaped hole in our lives at the moment so I’m hoping this will fill it for the time being until it returns to our screens.
- Watching… The People vs OJ Simpson. Following our interest in Adnan’s case in Serial and Making A Murderer we’re hooked on the OJ case. Based on a true story and starring David Schwimmer as Robert Kardashian. What’s not to love?
- Wearing… fawn lipstick by Topshop. I’m constantly on the lookout for the perfect nude and this is my favourite at the moment. My all time fave is Nars Belle De Jour but the Toppers one fits the bill at a fraction of the cost.
- Playing… some Junkyard Golf. This 9-hole crazy golf course is made out of scrapyard junk as the name suggests. Garden gnomes, barbies and ironing boards all make up the course. I’m even more excited at the golf themed cocktails (dude, where’s my par?, anyone?)
- Visiting… the big smoke to see The End of Longing with the tickets Ali got me for Christmas. Not only does it look like a lot of laughs but it’s written by and starring Matthew Perry. Could we BE any more excited?
- Eating… cake and checking out some old furniture with our friend Lianne (that age old winning combination) at Holden Antiques in Haslingden. As we’re both house-hunting at the moment we’ll be keeping our eyes peeled.
- Running… Accrington 10k. This will be Ali’s first race since having Quincy and the furthest I’ve run in weeks after being injured so we’re not aiming for any particular time, just to complete it and enjoy our well deserved cakes at the finish line. Hopefully see some of you there!
- Creating… some meals based around Ocado’s organic veg boxes. They send a different array of veg each week which Ali has been using as a challenge to come up with new and interesting meals. Asda are trialling a similar wonky veg box and for the fancy among you there’s the Abel and Cole one which we heard of from our friend Amy a few years ago.
- Perfecting… the ultimate protein ball recipe. After the success of the bircher class last year at school for Girls’ Week I’ve been asked to run another class. With marathon training coming up I thought this would be the perfect idea. Any recipe suggestions?