- Travelling… to Valencia. This holiday officially marks the beginning of Faye’s 30th birthday celebrations so we splashed out and stayed at the fancy Las Arenas hotel which was amazing and managed to soak up the sun in between the odd shower.
- Betting… on a few horses in the Grand National for our cousin Lorna’s hen do. Even though we didn’t win big and the weather took a turn for the worse we had lots of laughs celebrating her upcoming nuptials.
- Eating… at Fresh in Rawtenstall. Ric and I are in the process of buying a house nearby so we’ve been checking out the local cafés. With fitness flapjack, a superfood salad and juices on offer I think this could be a regular spot for Kings and Greens.
- Training… for the Edinburgh Marathon at the end of May. It seems strangely good to be back to early morning long weekend runs, although with a 16 miler looming this weekend I don’t think the feeling will last.
- Wearing… our hearts on our chests with our new Carbs slogan sweaters from H&M. It’s becoming our favourite attire for our Saturday cheat day.
- Drinking… protein shakes for a post workout re-fuel. We’ve both been trying the vegan Sunwarrior shakes on the recommendation of Madeleine Shaw but have also been mixing things up with a cheeky bit of whey on occasion.
- Watching… The Biggest Loser. We got a bit obsessed with this when we lived together and it’s essential viewing for anyone with an interest in healthy eating, exercise and addictive American reality shows.
- Reading… The Unexpected Inheritance of Inspector Chopra by Vaseem Khan. The last book club recommendation had me gripped so I’m hoping this does the same.
- Visiting… Our dad in his new village of Calderbridge in the Lake District. Ali and Jak are going to stay for a night while I’m marathon training so they can check out his new local for next time we all head up there!