- Watching… Brief Encounters on ITV. This drama follows the life of a motley crew of Yorkshire women who become Ann Summers reps. Anything with Angela Griffin in gets our approval and it’s worth watching for the 80’s fashion and soundtrack alone.
- Breakfasting… at Moose in Manchester. I spied this on Megan Ellaby’s instagram (I’m a little bit obsessed with her at the moment) and saw their amazing breakfast menu so Ric and I are taking a jaunt there for his birthday later in the month.
- Shopping… at Pull and Bear’s new store in the Trafford Centre. Faye and I got hooked on this brand on holiday in Lisbon and now the obsession continues as we have a new shop much closer to home. Great for statement jumpers (my fave yes, weekend slogan sweater is from there) and weekend basics.
- Lunching… at Freedom Organics in Darwen. We were recommended this from our friend Jade and had a really yummy salad and smoothie there. Get there early to avoid disappointment as when we got there they were all out of cakes (although the good news is Starbucks now do a matcha flapjack which filled a cake craving instead).
- Visiting… London for our friends Kate and Mark’s wedding. The wedding isn’t until later in the day so although Ali will be busy with bridesmaids duties I’ll have a few hours to fill with the boys so we’ll get the chance to explore West Hampstead and go for lunch. Any recommendations of where to eat or drink in the area?
- Glowing… with Cetaphil moisturiser and facewash. I thought Ali had secretly got a new highlighter without telling me, but her glow was all down to this no frills pharmacy brand range.
- Fleeking…our brows with Gimme Brow by Benefit. I got a sample of this with last month’s glamour and this gives great definition and fills them in nicely while I’m waiting for my brow appointment to come round.
- Sipping… on an Aperol spritz or several at our parents’ silver wedding bash. As the house moves have meant we won’t be holidaying this year we’re bringing the taste of last year’s holiday to Lake Garda to Baxenden.
- Tuning… into Rio 2016. We got slightly obsessed with London 2012 so we’re ready to get hooked yet again this time around. Bad timing for Ali’s maternity leave coming to the end but it should keep me entertained between wallpaper stripping and tile choosing over the summer break. You can even find out what sport you’d compete in based on your age, height and weight here: Ali’s a handball player and I’m a wrestler (WTF) FYI.
All pictures taken by us or from Pinterest