- Eating… organic veg at a snip of the usual price now our local Aldi has stocked its shelves with pesticide-free greens.
- Listening… to Guys We F***ed. The self-proclaimed anti slut-shaming podcast hears two American comedians interview one of their former conquests each week. From one-night stands to long-term relationships and everything in between, they’re aiming to make the world a more “sex-positive” place. Obvs NSFW, I listen on my Friday pram walks and weekend batch cooking marathons to ensure Quincy doesn’t pick up any interesting new vocab (pic: Dee Guerreros).
- Dancing… the afternoon away at this year’s Strictly tour in Manchester. Now we’re ballroom dancers ourselves, we have even more respect for Ed Balls and his twinkletoes. This line-up also features our 2016 faves Danny Mac and Oti Mabuse, so it’s set to be a fab-u-lous occasion.
- Exploring… the world of cruelty-free products thanks to some top tips from a friend of ours who has set up her own blog, EthicalEm.com. This Weleda baby bath makes Quincy’s skin so silky I’m planning to pinch it for my next soak.
- Making… our own granola for a quick and seriously YUM grab-and-go breakfast. I found this really handy hack for making it without a recipe and it’s worked a treat so far. A must for those mornings when babies and burpees threaten the most important meal of the day.
- Ogling… Jamie Dornan in the latest 50 Shades of Grey movie like the basic b*tches we are. We tried to feign nonchalance about the first film, tagged along anyway then found ourselves discussing it for at least 50% of a 20-mile run, so this time we’re embracing it – minus the run part (pic: Jeff Hahn)
- Cooking… vegan mac and cheese. I made this recipe (pic above) from Minimalist Baker last weekend – I left out the chilli and salt for a family-friendly version (and added kale for extra smugness).
- Dining… at V Rev vegan diner in Manchester. Their strapline “Burgs Bakes Booze – all plants, no pain” is enough to see us running for the X41 for an afternoon of indulgence.
- Spinning… our way to success as we take on a charity spinathon in aid of Brain Tumour Research. Find out more here (and wish us luck!).